Working Daughter, you are doing the best you can. And you know what? Your best is pretty damn incredible. Caregiving throws us lots of curve balls. There is no perfect day, no perfect way. You can only make the best decisions possible with the information you have on hand. You can only ask for grace but know that because you are human you will sometimes behave less than gracious. You can only do so much in 24 hours, there will always be more to do. So stop beating yourself up!!!!
To help you accept what is and acknowledge that you are doing a damn good job at this caregiving thing, here are 13 mantras for you to embrace in 2018. Pick one, or all of them, and put them on autoplay in your head. Say them and say them again until you truly believe them.
1. So what? Now What? This is a personal favorite of mine. It helps me let go and move on.
2. It’s okay. This is how it’s supposed to be. A fellow working daughter shared this concept with me. No matter what happens, tell yourself this is how it is supposed to be.
3. The only way through is through. This one is my absolute favorite. There’s no getting around the situation you are facing so you might as well step in and get through it!
4. What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. Better sung than said. Even better if you sing it alone and loud in the car or shower.
5. I am enough. Yes, yes you are.
6. Do your best and screw the rest. This one also came from a fellow working daughter. And it’s perfect. What else can you do?
7. Breathe. Everything else is optional. Think about it; it’s true. Feeling overwhelmed? Stop. And breathe. So far so good. Amiright?
8. I am a force for good. Damn straight warrior! You are a gift!
9. I’ve got this. Yes, yes you do! And we’ve got your back while you’re at it.
10. If not me then who? If not now then when? This is in my top 3 favorites. Might as well step up and shine working daughter. Who’s better suited for the job? No one.
11. Can’t stop. Won’t stop. You’re on a mission to save the world. Don’t stop now!
12. Nevertheless, she persisted. I really heart this one!
13. Life is tough. But I’m tougher. Tougher than you realize. Trust me.
And to add a smile to your day, we’ve got a bonus mantra that a true working daughter can appreciate: Shit happens!
Enter your email below for a downloadable copy of all 13 mantras.